Something that the pandemic brought was time to consume more content, especially on Social Media. According to Vogue Business, “Instagram users have been posting 6.1 Instagram Stories per day on average, which is an increase of 15 per cent week-over-week, while views increased by 21 per cent.”. When we talk about lives the numbers are even more impressive. Facebook revealed that in the USA, Instagram Live views have increased more than 70% in the last week.
With the increasing number of lives happening at the moment it is hard to keep up with everything that we would like to tune in as consumers. After missing a few lives from our favourite content creators, we joined forces with Digital Brand Architects (DBA) to launch a new platform: Your Live Guide. Your Live Guide is a destination for discovering live social programming where you can search by verticals, discover new content, and add reminders to your calendar.
There are plenty of reasons for you to join the BOOM of IG Live and we would like to let you know a few as it would strategically help with your Instagram audience engagement.
Why Use Instagram Live
- It’s an amazing way to bring your audience together and create deeper relationships with them as they have more time to consume your content. Lauren Gleisgberg told us she saw this moment as an incredible opportunity to form an even deeper connection to her community: “There aren’t many times where so many of us are experiencing such a similar situation like we all are right now. IG Lives are an easy way to connect and communicate with not only a community member but also a way for community members to chat with other community members. It’s as if I’m providing my community with a communication resource.”. Lauren’s community is based on her workouts programmes. In a time where they need to work out at home, without gym buddies, Lauren is definitely bringing a sense of togetherness to them.
- It allows your audience to submit their comments and questions in real-time, making it possible for you to interact with them immediately.
Allows you to pitch to brands a new format to sponsor, like food & beverage, skincare, beauty and fashion apparel (e.g. earrings, necklaces, rings, upper body clothes).
- See how our CDBabes are using Lives to increase their engagement on the platform:
- “We had an incredible spike in our followers the last two weeks, and I believe that a lot of it is tied to Instagram Live and an increase in Instagram Stories. I’m trying to do more stories focusing on what people are wanting and needing right now. Cooking is a welcome distraction and a very useful one at that. It’s an honour to get to be in people’s kitchens and it makes me happy to know that I can be helpful during this stressful time.”, Tori, from Fraiche Living, @fraicheliving
- “Great results – all numbers are up which can only mean that I’m doing something right 🙂 I know yoga brings so much peace and mental clarity to its practitioners, but the messages I’ve received in terms of how I’m helping people cope during this time is so beautiful. It makes me never want to stop sharing the love through yoga.”, Lesley, from The Road Les Traveled, @lesleyannemurphy
- “My engagement and reach numbers have drastically increased. More importantly, the depth of my connection to my community has strengthened, which is evident in the types of comments and messages I receive.”, Lauren, from Lauren Gleisberg, @laurengleisberg
- Gain access to valuable feedback and insights from your audience that will allow you to provide them with tailored content and perhaps launch a product for their needs.
Would you join us on Your Live Guide?