Latent Semantic Indexing – or LSI for short – roughly translates to variations of a word or phrase and it’s conceptually related terms.
For e.g. for a food blogger:
“Cold brew” you could have for LSI keywords – “filter”, “cold coffee”, “grind” etc
As an influencer, LSI is worth embracing in your content as it helps Search Engines determine if you’re an authority on a topic. Going beyond just putting in variations of the same word/phrase within your text, using related terms is also a must to improve your content depth score.
LSI Graph is a simple tool that can help! https://lsigraph.com/
- Type in a broad keyword phrase relating to your content you want to better optimize
- You then get a list of results of variations of that keyword that search engines consider relevant
- Keep going down the rabbit hole by clicking on relevant results that work well for your article
- Make a note of the keywords you find relevant and list them. Then use these in your article.
- Bonus tip: make-note of any recurring themes and linked keyword phrases for potential niche content you haven’t yet written or have in your back catalogue that could do a spruce-up. Or, add an extra section to your main pillar article if possible to make it even better as a quick way to improve your article that you’re currently working on.