Content Creation Trends Every Creator Needs for 2023
To better prepare for the future, we need to be aware of the present changes so we can strategize better. Here are the major updates that took place in 2022 and would still matter for content creation in 2023:
- The Google Core Update: Like in the past, Google's core update is intended to shake up the SERP rankings. Sites that Google finds are offering better value to the search intent of the users will benefit from this update. The final Google Core Update took place on October 18th and did quite cause a shake up, not just in SEO rankings but also on social media platforms. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine whether your content strategy is aligned with Google’s recommendations:
- Do real people write your content for real people?
- Do you focus on a niche or write about anything under the sun?Have you spent time and effort adding unique information to your content consistently?
- Are you just touching the surface level of the topic or going in-depth?
- What is it that you have in your content that makes it better when compared to the competitors?
- Have you over-optimized the title, description and content to attract bots and not real users?
- Are you using a clickbait strategy to get the attention of the users?
- How good is the mobile experience of your content?
- Engagements >>> Instagram Likes: We all know that ‘likes’ used to be a very strong form of social currency. But now that behaviors on Social Channels have changed, we no longer need ‘likes’ to signal our interest in a post. We’re passing a new era of attention, one that focuses on reach, completion rates, and exits. What we’re really measuring is how well our content is resonating with our audience and that’s so much more than hitting a ‘like’ button. That's why engagement is so important for creators. It lets the algorithm know that people are interested in your content, so it shows them more of your stuff.
- The Rise of Video Content: As of 2022, an average person is predicted to spend 100 minutes per day watching online videos. Videos engage viewers and can pack a lot of information into a much smaller package, allowing you to say more in less time. If you're not already using video content on your website, social media channels, and in other marketing materials, now is a great time to start!
There you have it, the content creation trends in 2022 that you can still incorporate into your 2023 content plan. If you didn’t use any in this year's marketing, don’t miss out on them again for next year!