5 Blogging Challenges Every Creator Faces (And How To Overcome Them)
When you start blogging, you will encounter several challenges. Blogging can be a very rewarding experience, but it also hides difficulties and obstacles. However, these challenges should not scare you away but strengthen your voice and authority as an influencer. Here are 5 common blogging challenges that every influencer faces and tips on how to overcome them...
Finding a Niche You Connect With
When you start a blog, it can be hard to choose a niche and overcome the fear of connecting with your audience. To tackle this, sit down and think about who your readership should be and what topics you want to talk about. Think about what your interests are and don’t just restrict yourself to one main subject but at the same time don’t overdo it especially at the beginning (as you’ll have to keep it up and produce regular blog posts for every topic you want to touch). Here are some tips on how to define your niche.
Low Reader Engagements
When you first start blogging, it can be hard to get people to read your posts and convince them to leave a comment. The process might take longer time as readers need to feel connected with you before opening up.
To help you fix this, try:
- Creating more personal posts: They are a good way to let them know who you are and what you're about so they feel more comfortable interacting with you.
- Keeping your audience engaged on social media with contests, giveaways, and relevant content. In turn, they'll be more likely to visit your blog and engage better.
- Using CTAs in your content: Make sure you use CTAS in your content by asking your readers questions, seeking their feedback on an idea, or getting their suggestions for how to do something. Adding CTAS can also help make your content more engaging.
Other times you might have the opposite problem: spam comments that bring a lot frustration to you and your readers! Here's how to fight them back.
Cutting through the Noise
We live in a digital age, surrounded by countless bloggers. The competition that affects the blogging business has grown consistently over the past year as the scene has evolved. How can you make your voice heard? There's only one answer to this question: don't blend in, make yourself stand out. How? Let your personality shine through every word of your blog posts (or every piece of clothing of your outfit posts)
Monetizing Your Blog
When you’re a full-time blogger (and if not, if you dedicate weekends and evenings of your time to your blog), it’s a reasonable goal to expect to make money from your website. You won't make money straight away—you need to work for it! Here's a few suggestions:
- Make a plan: include all the possible options you have to monetize from your site and as you go ahead with your blogging experience add all the new monetization strategies you come up with.
- Focus on quality: Making money is, of course, an understandable priority, but it shouldn’t be the main one. Instead, focus on how to engage with your readers and secure returning visitors to your blog. The higher your content quality is, the higher your revenue will be!
- Drive traffic to your website: Work on building your traffic, especially organic traffic, by implementing SEO strategies and collaborating with other bloggers in your niche.
Creativity is one of the words usually associated with style publishers but even the most creative person sometimes might face a block. So instead of letting the panic win and not meeting your blog’s deadlines, tackle the issue in the right way!
For example, you can listen to a podcast or watch an inspiring video, have a look at your previous posts and find out which ones were the most successful amongst your audience. And don’t forget to treat yourself and have some you-time! Sometimes the best cure can be a relaxing SPA treatment with your gals!