3 Key Ways to Monetize Your Audience in 2023 as a Creator
In just a few weeks, 2023 will be here. We can all agree that 2022 came with its unexpected changes and updates (hello Meta).
So, if you're wondering how to monetize your audience as a creator in 2023, we've helped you answer that question in this post.
Here are the different ways you can monetize your audience, creative and community in 2023 based on proven insights:
Your Email Newsletters.
Email marketing will make a huge comeback in 2023 but instead of focusing on growing your subscribers, focus on engaging with the people who are already on it. I’m sure you’re familiar with the saying “If you build it, they will come.”
To monetize your Newsletter in 2023, you can:
- Add a premium subscription: One way to monetize your newsletter is to offer a paid subscription that gives people access to premium content. This might include exclusive articles, eBooks, digital templates and other resources related to your niche, as well as a members-only online discussion forum. Exclusivity sells BUT to grow an exclusive paid subscription audience you need to let your audience get a taste of what they are missing out from. When you're starting a paid newsletter, it can be helpful to offer a free version of the service with limited features. Research has shown that offering free trials converts customers at an average rate of 25%.
- Publish sponsored content: This business model is based on providing free content and then finding other sources of revenue, such as partnering with brands to advertise their products or services. While you are earning money for the sponsored content in your newsletter, you are building a positive relationship with another brand that may result in additional benefits. What’s more? By connecting your audience with a related brand, you're showing that you care about them and their interests.
- Take advantage of newsletter ads: Unlike Google, readers opt-in to receive newsletters via email and are therefore more likely to engage. This makes newsletter ad placements a sustainable monetization method so long as you choose ads that resonate with your target audience. The thing is...you know what your audience is interested in and what types of products they are likely to buy. Why not take advantage of this knowledge and charge a decent price for ad space?
First, ensure that your content is relevant to your audience. As the owner of your blog, you have complete freedom to write about whatever you like. However, it is important to niche down - focusing on specific topics will help you gain more readers. While SEO content is important, remember that writing for search engines should be a lower priority than writing for humans.
Now, let's talk about how you can make money from your website/blog…
- Website Ads: If you have not yet added paid ads to your website, it's time to do so. This is a great way to bring in some extra passive income. If you are using paid ads already, it's time to work toward a goal. For creators that work with CD, they benefit from our expertise and strategy to help get the most out of their campaign efforts.
- Paid Memberships: The popularity of subscription-based businesses is growing, with some people even calling it the Subscription economy.Remember that you are a business owner and not just a creator or influencer. The people in your community share an interest and will pay for the benefits they want. Those benefits can include exclusive articles, advice, reports, webinars and in-person meetups.
As a creator, your audience will naturally ask you “OMG where’d you get that?” and they will do so often. Affiliate marketing is a great way to answer their questions and also make some money while at it.
But here’s what you want to keep in mind when it comes to Affiliate Marketing in 2023 as a creator:
- Identify trends, conduct keyword research, and write a blog about it to get you more traffic. Next, you want to ensure your affiliate products sync with the context of your blog as it determines if your readers will click on the links you included.
- Your landing page should be conversion optimized enough to lead customers directly to the product checkout. When buyers have to take a long time to complete a purchase, they get distracted and jump off.
- Give enough alternatives and options as your readers might not always be interested in the product you are talking about. The reason could be availability, price, quality, etc.
- Use Pinterest to your advantage. The beauty of Pinterest is that most of its content is evergreen. Pins you created five years ago may bring you sales today. Also, your audience might likely not be in just one type of pin, so we recommend creating multiple pins for each idea you have. Good news: LTK links are now supported by idea pins.
Wishing you a wonderful 2023, but above all else, stay healthy and take care of yourself as always.