Welcome to the chloédigital bulletin. Each week we’ll present to you must know info, updates and key findings, tips, along with a sprinkle of love.
This week 3rd July 2020: Amazon Affiliates, Home Decor & Christmas in July
- BREAKING NEWS: It’s come to our attention that Amazon has updated their affiliate policies which may affect your content, revenue generation and SEO. Check out the policy changes you should be wary of within our recent blog post.
- Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories, this week we have Kaye Bassey sharing her story and lessons learnt
View this post on Instagram
@kayebassey is the epitome of a multi-hyphenate – fashion and beauty influencer, corporate business woman and animal rights activist to name a few. She believes in taking nothing for granted by honoring the opportunities she’s been given and sharing her platform with others! Her advice on making difference: “Your voice can make a positive impact for all of us…we are all given such a short time on this planet why not work together.” 💗💻: https://www.kayebassey.com/ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
- Is it Christmas yet??? Well accordingly to Pinterest, Holiday searches have begun at ridiculously early point compared to previous years (the estimated time would have been approx August/September). Get planning for the holiday period now with Pinterest Holiday hub
- As lockdown forced content directions to pivot, fashion influencers have steadily been using their influence in other verticals. Tapping into interiors is a natural segway for those stuck with the logistical nightmare of generating visual content. It’s no wonder the home decor boom is upon us. So how have brands responded to these changes?
- Mailchimp got a show about making over your business. Think Dragons Den, meets Project Runway, meets Queer Eye….Watch Werrrk
This week 26th June 2020: Apple fiasco, IG growth & Social Listening
- BREAKING NEWS: Apple will likely begin to block GA tracking via Safari browsing. Yes, this could affect your analytics. Yes…this sucks. It’s also worth noting this privacy update is likely to change. Tune in next week for an update as the story unfolds!
- We said it once (3 months ago) and we’ll say it again….in times of crisis social listening and community connection is KEY. Influencers are recovering with much greater ease than post lockdown due to lessons learnt. Take some further inspiration of how to generate a closer connection between you and your audience with Campaign Live’s hot take on how brands should navigate social to drive closer connection.
- One thing the post pandemic period taught digital marketers is that old school (and often neglected) channels can reap serious rewards in both b2b and b2c. Forbes has you covered with some outside of the box channels to consider…*ahem*…email marketing…*ahem*.
- As IG proves to once again be tumultuous endeavour of late, it’s wise to focus your efforts on actively seeking reach. Hashtags are here to stay…and quite frankly more important than ever. Hootsuite’s recent IG Hashtag guide is a must read.
- The BLM movement has shifted focus for investors to harness their power. More and more VCs are looking into ways to better leverage Black owned businesses to strengthen the economy for all, with some even calling out for black-owned businesses to get in touch. Crunchbase is making the need for diversity easier with their new data collection. Check out how Crunchbase is making diversity transparency possible.
This week 19th June 2020: CD Stories, IG Live & Tik Tok
- CD Babe, Sandra Countly of Pupcake Sugar is the latest to tell her story (and that of her gorgeous pup, Sugar) on our IGTV series CD Babe Stories. Check out our series.
View this post on Instagram
Sandra is the founder and creative officer behind the a media company Pupcake Sugar! Sugar is a toy poodle character that Sandra brought to life through illustration as a way to combine her love for baking, writing and her own dog named Sugar. Sandra’s creative genius is unique, evident and oh-so admirable! Her advice on getting started: “Take that first step! Because once you take that first step, the next steps are much easier to take.” 🐶💻: https://pupcakesugar.com/ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
- As audiences become more politically active, it’s even more essential to use your platforms for good. This week Lemon and Stripes are currently offering Marketing Consulting for Black-owned businesses – check out Julia’s post HERE.
- Another CD Babe, Gavyn Tylor has created an online, easy to navigate resource for those wanting to invest in black-owned businesses. Check out the directory here.
- ICYMI IG Live Badges is the new feature everyone is buzzing about in the digital sphere. Inspired by features within Twitch and Yikl Tok, IG Live badges are designed to allow content creators to generate more revenue from their Live content which allows followers to tip content creators. They have yet to be released but the application process is open. Read more on how you can apply for IG Badges HERE.
- One of the main predictions we made at the beginning of the pandemic was that digital content, especially social will become more educational. Given the recent events, Tik Tok has become a strong platform for influencers and content creators to teach to their audience in a digestible and impactful format. Beyond this civil rights movement, the nature of Tik Tok content will likely shift towards more educational content cross vertical. Read up on how you can work this into your strategies going forward.
This week 13th June 2020: BLM, Internal Linking & AR
- In case you missed it, our founder Chloé Watts took the time to reintroduce her journey in tech as a black female CEO:
- As the influencer world is opening up to black voices, acknowledging the often different (and frustrating) experiences they have in the industry, we wanted to take this time to spotlight some of these voices – to share their story and journey first hand. Following on from Chloe’s video, we recently launched our CD Babe Stories on IGTV where black content creators and business owners, share their journey with us. CLICK HERE to see the latest from Awed by Monica and Living Lesh.
- To support diversity in the industry, CD Babe and influencer extraordinaire, Alison of Wardrobe Oxygen, has opened up a competition to gift one year of chloédigital Premium Membership to a black content creator!!! Beyond our services, Alison is also offering the opportunity to take part in the famous Brittany Hennessy 100-day course as well as some quality 1:1 mentorship time with Alison Gary herself! Know anyone who would love to join the competition? Check out Alison’s IG feed for more info.
- As for managing your web content….the recent Google updates have caused a ripple in website traffic of late. It’s a wise idea to get on your SEO management tactics, whether working on skyscraping, pillar modelling or internal linking etc. Link Vector re-released the Ultimate Internal Linking Guide to help you resolve your Internal Linking woes.
- We love to see a bit of innovation here at CD! Even more-so when innovation is being practised by content creators to support timely causes. Take a read of this Insider article on how this influencer used AR trends to drive engagement for fundraising.