Welcome to the chloédigital bulletin. Each week we’ll present to you must know info, updates and key findings, tips, along with a sprinkle of love.
THIS WEEK 7TH MAY 2021:
- We’ve been singing the praises of email marketing for years. Recent data from Brandwatch has show just how important it actually is. The reach of email marketing has been capitulated into new heights in the past year alone, even going as far as standing against digital publishing altogether. Check out the data below:
- TikTok has maintained its position as the most downloaded app mitigating fears of it being a fad amongst digital marketers…TikTok doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
- Tune in on Social Media Today’s Twitter feed on the 11th of May to join in on the conversation of how to run a kick-ass social media take over! As we gear up for more social media content collaboration, this is sure going to be full of some golden nuggets.
- According to Lyst, baggy trousers are rising in searches. In particular, paper bag and cargo styles are the coveted pant-type. It seems that even though that vaccine roll-out is signalling a push to normal socialization…i.e. people will finally begin seeing you…we’re not ready to get rid of our comfy apparel. Think of this as comfort – but make it fash-un.
THIS WEEK 23TH APRIL 2021:
- Are you struggling with time management? Pepper Your Talk, founded by Dior Bediako, is doing some amazing video content with all the tips you need to own your time and improve your mindset towards achieving your goals. The last video on how to plan your day is a must-see to maximise your productivity every single day!
- Pinterest is launching a Content Claiming Portal to help you control how your content is used throughout the platform. This has been a long time request from pinners who wish to have their content protected. For now, it is only available for a select group of people.
- Your favourite platform, Instagram, is working on new stickers. A few images were released where you can see a new sticker button for “super mention” and to add a “link”. Now we just wait to get access to the new sticker and start playing with links in different Stories design.
- While we are talking about Instagram, Facebook is expanding its schedule tool to IG Stories. Using the Business Suite, you will be able “to publish and schedule Stories on mobile and desktop, save posts as drafts and edit scheduled posts.” Yey!
THIS WEEK 9TH APRIL 2021:
- When understanding what the consumer and what your audience needs, it’s often left at asking through social media, filtering through engagement indicators and leaving it there. Search listening is a great skill set to get into the minds of the public, the content they’re proactively looking for and building content strategies from there. Check out Answer the Public’s recent webinar on how to use Google data sets to aid in your search listening.
- Using images can really help in telling the story to drive action. When it comes to emails there are some rules to consider. Check out this Campaignmonitor article with Unsplash, for the tips you need.
- Women have contributed to the best of design for decades. We love learning about how women have shaped the industry, their stories, and their impact – check out Webflow’s article note women who shaped design.
- Mellow Yellow! The colour is having a huge resurgence as we gear up to summer. Not only is Yellow one of the Pantone colours of the year, but the colour tends to gesture towards a need for cheeriness. Take advantage of this trend and up the brightness of your outfits or been do a yellow edit in time for Summer.
THIS WEEK 26TH MARCH 2021:
- Google has officially released a statement after the breaking study last week demonstrating the significant reduction of clicks per search, indicating that Google is steering people to view content on results pages rather than click into the content…Google is refuting this. Follow the story.
- Facebook’s newsletter feature has recently been announced… In case you missed it. But what’s the end game here. How do we envision it best used?
- With Lockdown creating kneejerk reactions, we saw brands either jump into marketing spend or 180 to cut costs. The ethos of short-termism might have helped brands be agile at the uncertain moments of last year but it only works for so long as consumers, people, adapt and evolve.
- We love a story of women innovating in the digital industry. Check out the story of Check my Ads and how brands are using it to gain clearer ad spend insight.
THIS WEEK 19TH MARCH 2021:
- In a bid to build more strategic, continuous, high-quality content whilst democratising the platform, Clubhouse has launched their Accelerator programme, “Creator First”. Designed to provide equipment, knowledge and strategy to green creators this programme aims to push for further quality topic diversity on the platform.
- Like with everything else, digital aesthetics evolve. Need some fresh new image editing inspo for the gram and site? Check out Later’s 2021 aesthetic trends to give you the juice.
- We love hearing about innovative business models. This week we are sharing this insightful mindest from Solid & Striped – the much-loved swimwear brand. They work on a consumer ethos of “buy it, build it or rent it”…intrigued. Take a read of their take here to inspire your future business plans.
THIS WEEK 12TH MARCH 2021:
- At chloédigital, we love the concept of Content Marketing Funnels to convert your audience so when Social Media Today shared their tips on how to utilize Instagram at every stage of the funnel we were keen to share it with you too Are you applying Marketing Funnels in your strategy?
- Do you struggle with graphics and branding? Planoly launched a series to teach you how you can make better graphic designs to grow your brand. Watch the Approachable Design Video Series here. Also, we’ve partnered with Planoly to bring you 40% off an annual subscription when you enter The CD World.
- Have you seen the latest Instagram feature? The app just announced a Professional Dashboard focus on creators and small businesses to help you track your performance, grow your business and stay informed.
THIS WEEK 5th March 2021:
- The question we’re all asking. What does Clubhouse mean for podcasting?
- Denim is on the tip of everyone’s tips. From light-washed to loose fit to details such as patchwork... Check out the top apparel searches from last week to inform you of product suggestions today.
- As more brands invest in Pinterest advertising its essential to keep up to date on the ways Pinterest supports brands marketing plans. Pinterest has launched its new Pinterest video ads for brands, worth checking out as one day you might need it to create this content.
- ICYMI The TikTok future trends report is finally out. This is a great opportunity to break down the usage trends in your target demographics, from content to usage to finding opportunities for 2021.
THIS WEEK 26th FEBRUARY 2021:
- As more deal with shadowbanning on IG, it’s essential to keep up with the updated list of banned hashtags to make sure you’re not including any in your captions, bio or stories. This list has just been updated – check it out now.
- Brandwatch’s consumer data has shown hat the talk of vicarious living has shot up in mediums such as blogs, Twitter, Reddit etc. It’s not new news but worthy of noting that this is spiking once again. A lot of this behaviour is being driven by the need to learn new skills and feeling guilty that we aren’t learning as quickly as we hoped. Take note of this and hone in on the reasons why your audience will want to be daydreaming. Create the right content for them, ensuring you maintain empathy for their frustrations.
- The volume of copywriting an average influencer does is staggering. It’s only fitting to work on efficiency and utilise tools to improve the copywriting experience – from ideation to writing, to management. Take the advice from journalists with their top tools for copywriters.
- As many push for greater multimedia content n 2021 – Podcasts are no reception. With many dabbling for the first time, or pushing to grow their audience, email marketing is a must to capture and nurture. Watch this Youtube video on how to promote your podcast using email for practical tips on where to start.
THIS WEEK 19th FEBRUARY 2021:
- DBA has announced its Black Mentorship program in association with Noire Mgmt. Beginning March, 10 black influencers will be given the chance to grow and scale their business for success. Applications are OPEN NOW but close on the 26th of February! Get applying to secure your spot.
- In the race to win the battle of short-form multimedia stakes, Youtube is the next giant to throw its hat into the ring. They’re looking to expand its short video format into US territories VERY soon.
- On another note on social video, Facebook has released its data and advice on expanding the reach of your longer-form video content. Go get em!
- As more and more content creators are realising their dream of 2020 by launching their own service offerings, it’s a wise move to start mapping out your marketing strategies – let’s not get it twisted, this is a different kettle of fish to the usual influencer content strategies. Have a read of these 17 beginner-friendly tips marketing strategies for small businesses to lay your foundations in advance.
THIS WEEK 12TH FEBRUARY 2021:
- International Women’s day is fast approaching (8th March), what have you prepared for your audience? Take a leaf out of the best in class email examples to map out your IWD Email Marketing game plan now.
- Black content creators have influenced the market in 2020. Brands are beginning to understand their power. Tune in to Creator IQ’s black excellence webinar on how brands can better tap into black talent in 2021.
- We love a good case study…this one is particularly interesting. Learn how The Soil publishing grew their revenue by 45% through their partnerships.
- Ensuring that you’re effectively repurposing your multimedia content us a must. In new developments, IG will now reduce the reach of all Tik Tok watermarked content shared on its platform. Going forward make sure you REedit your videos accordingly for each platform.
- Calling all FOOD & DRINK content creators!!!!!!! Tik Tok has unveiled its new recipe card integration. In the move to become an educational hub, it looks like food and drink is a natural place to start to up the content offering.
THIS WEEK 5TH FEBRUARY 2021:
- Do you know Gucci is still the hottest brand in the world? That searches for hoodies are up 71% year-on-year? The latest The Lyst Index has arrived! Take a look into the products that have seen the most demand in the last quarter of 2020 and take notes of the content and shopping suggestions you can recommend to your audience.
- If you are a Youtuber, you should know that since 1st February Google Analytics stopped collecting data from YouTube channel pages. Going forward, you should get familiar with Youtube Analytics to keep an eye on your data and performance on the channel. Check this quick video on how to use Analytics in Youtube Creator.
- It is undeniable that Clubhouse is taking its space in the influencer industry. To learn more about how to use this new platform to grow your business, join the next MarketMuse webinar on “Clubhouse & Disappearing Audio Content: Your Content Strategy’s Future?” We will see you there!
This week 29th January 2021:
- Email came out Queen of 2020 as audiences used digital communications to help set the boundaries between the blurring lines of work and life. We saw the best practice benchmarks change overnight in regards to cadence, timing and type. Recent data looking at how this has evolved further has seen the best performing day of Monday, now shift to Friday indicating that our behaviours are evolving once again. Read the report from Campaign Monitor on email benchmarks here.
- In a bid to help content creators get closer to the insights needed to manage their business, Instagram has launched its new professional dashboard for Content Creators. This includes easy access to data and the right tools to make content creation a much more efficient process within the platform.
- If you’re listening in to the From the Desk of… series you would have known about our CEO, Chloé’s take on Clubhouse. Looks like it’s not just on our CD lips either…
- Love season is finally here. Never one to leave you hanging, here are some great ideas for your next Valentine’s campaign – get planning now cherubs!
This week 22nd January 2021:
- 73% of CMOs are focusing on tapping into existing customers in order to maintain revenue in 2021. But is this a plan that will enable growth?
- There has been a great deal of conversation later about the relevance of hashtags in Instagram with many avoiding using them altogether. The evidence shows that there is a great deal of reachability fostered through effective hashtag use, not only on Instagram but in Pinterest and LinkedIn too…you just need to be on top of how to use them. Check out this recently updated guide on how to get the most from Instagram hashtags in 2021.
- Aesthetics evolve too you know? Shutterstock – one of the largest stock image resources in the world, have rounded up with their infographic on the top visual and creative trends they’re forecasting in 2021.
- Now we talk a lot about the importance of email marketing in strategy. 2020 compounded our rhetoric into actuality and now we are looking at our predictions of sponsored emails becoming a reality. Still, new territory for most, you may need some guidance – have a read of this guide on how to approach getting your emails sponsored. This is worthwhile thinking as you map out your email campaigns throughout 2021.
This week 15th January 2021:
- It’s time to rejig your email scheduling. What best way to do that then review 2020 email data and the beginnings of 2021 data to help carve out your plan of action. Check out Mailcharts findings.
- On that point…how about collecting newsletter feedback so as to finesse your comms this year and further ensure you’re creating content that resonates!
- We’ve predicted that multimedia will be huge this year during our 2021 Predictions webinar. Struggling to figure out what multimedia content to create? Check out these video marketing trends for 2021 to give you some inspiration.
- To gear up your social content calendar planning, we cannot recommend Social Media Today’s webinar on Finding Inspiration for your Social Calendar on the 19th January. Sign up!
- Now one for the FOOD AND DRINK content creators! We know there is a level of evergreen seasonality to food trends that can help build an ongoing content calendar. There are trends which overarch these, effecting ingredient and dish trends too. Since lockdown, Food trends have become even more defined by social content and search intent. Check out this report on how food trends have changed to help you get ahead of the game for 2021.
This week 8th January 2021:
- After the disturbing scenes of last week in the US, brands, like they did post lockdown, pulled back on marketing spend. These activities had a significant trickle-down effect on influencers in 2020. Take a read at how brands responded this time to get ahead of the curve for your business in 2021.
- Keeping on tabs with consumer trends is a must for navigating this aftermath of the pandemic. It is true, we are in a shifted world. Tune in on the 26th for this webinar on 2021 Consumer trends to see how far it has shifted.
- Now’s the time to rejig your posting practices cross-channel. This week we have updates beyond on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- And now for some consumer news. Home improvements are now considered an act of self-care. As we tap into improving the quality of one’s life by improving the local environment to which we spend most of our time should 100% be on your radar, regardless of what type of content you write about.
This week 1st January 2021:
- As we gear up to a new year, it’s important now more than ever to review what has worked last year and assess how this will affect your actions this year. The 2020 review from Mailchimp is a great first step to getting your email game up to scratch.
- Use this time also upskill yourself. Pinterest like email is a must to tackle in 2021. Check out the updated academy offering from Pinterest to start on the right foot.
- Whilst we’re on social, check out the new best times to post data on IG to tweak your scheduling.
- Last but not least. This interview with IG’s Kirstie Dash is a must-read. As we gear up to increased shoppability on the platform, learn from beauty’s perspective of how the platform will be essential this year… These themes aren’t just valid for beauty either!
This week 18th December 2020:
- A company created by women for women, we can say that women have really taken the bull by the horns this year. Tumultuous doesn’t cut it. That being said there is a great chance to carve out a world that, quite simply, works, for all, after our life goes back to normal. Forbes has gathered a number of diverse female leaders to share their insight into where and how we can make that change
- The state of shopping has fundamentally shifted given the lifestyle changes we’ve had this year. The relationship between brick and mortar. The value of online. These 3 trends might help you get ahead in tapping into your audience’s mindsets next year.
- We called it: live shopping is where it’s at. Tik Tok is the next social media giant making money moves in this direction. Check out what they’re testing.
- Our consultants are often telling our clients to diversify their Pinterest content types. Luckily for us, Pinterest has now updated its own best practice guidelines for different Pinterest formats. Take a read and start pinning.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Elise, of What the Fab, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
This week 11th December 2020:
- Let’s start our weekly reads with Instagram’s most recent update. The social media platform has updated its search page so now users can search for the keyword itself, regardless of the content being tagged or not. Planoly wrote an extended article on how to use this update and we totally recommend you to read if you want to keep growing your Instagram influence.
- Jlo and Pharrell Williams were the latest celebrities to announce the launch of their own brands. At the same time, we are also seeing more and more VIPs being invited to take part in brand boards as co-owners or creative directors. The road from being the face of a brand to having a seat at the table is the main topic of discussion on this piece from Fashionista on collaboration between celebrities and brands.
- This week we have debunked that influencers have lost their relevance on our first blog post for our in/sité series. Although we know we might be biased, the data we have shared and our daily work proves that we aren’t wrong. Just to layer up our prediction, Smart Brief has published the 4 major trends for digital marketing in 2021 and influencers are on the list. For Smart Brief, “influencer marketing will solidify its position as a key channel for consumer brands”. We’ve told you!
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Kasi Perkins, of The Style Perk, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
This week 4th December 2020:
- As we gear up to review 2020, Tik Tok has laid out its top-performing content from what videos have gone viral, to the creators who are most popular to hashtags that dominated. Read the list of top 10s here.
- Yes, cyber Monday is over, but the holidays still aren’t over. Now’s the time to review what worked in the past weeks and what surprised you. Make your hypothesis and move forward. Take stock of wider retailer trends too to reevaluate your tactics for the rest of the month. Have a read of the Retail drive report and whilst at it, listen to McKinsey’s holiday trend thoughts.
- We’re so excited about our new CD developments and have so much to share with you all in 2021. Last week Chloé launched her very own exclusive newsletter series designed for content creators and digital CEO’s. Taking stock of real challenges CEO’s face, Chloé provides her know-how, tangible tactics and real talk. Sign up for the scoop From the Desk of...
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Arielle Worona, of Relish by Arielle, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
This week 27th November 2020:
- Multimedia content is king for driving engagement and reciprocal conversions in your following. Although conversation dominates around YouTube when concerning video, Facebook is also another juggernaut not worth neglecting. Facebook has released its guidelines of best practice video creation on the platform. Definitely worth a read to hit the ground running.
- Instagram aesthetics trends can be tricky to articulate into tangibles. As digital behaviour has changed since lockdown, it’s undeniable that aesthetic trends will too. Let Later fill you in what you need to know about your IG visuals for 2021.
- As content gets pushed out in droves throughout the run-up to Christmas, it’s essential not lose sight on value. On a tactical level, this includes not spamming your audience. Check out Hootsuite’s suggestions on relaying your promotion cross channel to avoid audience fatigue.
- If you haven’t signed up to the data drops of Lyst yete… Do it now! It’ll help you to keep on top of fast-moving apparel trends so you can place bets on what products to mention in real-time. Here’s last week’s data drop to help you in your social promotion on Cyber Monday.
- Lastly, a good thought-provoking read… What does cool mean in 2020?
This week 20th November 2020:
- So Youtube has now started to add ads to all Youtube videos regardless of whether the content creator wishes to or not, or if they can monetise from the ads or not. 😕 …not everyone is happy about these changes. As you can imagine, one of the competitive advantages of having no ads below a certain audience size is that it aids in growth to reach a point of monetisation where ads are embedding in. This indicates that there could be repercussions overall in growing your engagement within a fledgeling channel. Ensuring that you’re consistently generating valuable and watchable content has never been more important on Youtube. Read more about the changes here.
- Instagram has expanded its Guide functionality to make it easier to curate products and content within the channel. It’s clear to see how this could eventually become a purely shippable experience. As with all Instagram updates, the early bird catches the worm. Learn more about how you can begin using these new IG features ahead of the Holidays features now.
- Twitter launched its stories..ahem…FLEETS…finally visual content can be shared in real-time to add further value in updates.
- CD BABE SPOTLIGHT: We love a good product launch, and Fraiche Living is adding yet another digital product to their repertoire just in time for Christmas! These beautiful digital prints are ready for sale now. Learn more about Tori’s journey to starting this new side of her business in her Digital Prints launch post.
THIS WEEK 13TH NOVEMBER 2020:
- With the increase in e-commerce sales in 2020, it’s now more important than ever to bring the brick-and-mortar experience online. Next year, Amazon is looking to launch Amazon Explore, a virtual experiences marketplace. Amazon Explore will be a series of live-streamed sessions with e-commerce integration. Imagine a workout session where the host is showcasing the products you can buy. Amazon is also investing in its Live platform and on the reality show “Making The Cut” transforming them into a fashion shopping channel. That means new revenue opportunities coming for you but also shows you the e-commerce experience evolution.
- Instagram changed its home screen this week after years without an update. Where you used to have the add the post button, now you have a “Reels” tab. Just next to the Reels, you now have a “Shop” tab. IGTV didn’t make it to the new home screen so you can see where Instagram is focusing on. Master your Reels with our strategic tips.
- It’s a Tupperware virtual party! With a traditional model, the brand Tupperware is becoming more digital since March. Facebook, Zoom and even TikTok are the channels helping the brand to see the company’s biggest growth period in two decades. An amazing case study to consider when we talk about pivoting your strategy during a pandemic.
This week 6th November 2020:
- There’s a lot that can be said about learning from outside the industry. As content creators gear up to discuss gifting with their audiences and how to make its season special (in a starkly different set up) we advise learning how brands should best tackle revenue generation. Understanding how to enhance revenue generation will not only up your own affiliate game but allow for more accurate and ROI driven brand partnership proposals. Check out the Retail Drive webinar on the 19th November on the 3 Ways to Capture Gifting Revenue & Deliver a Better Holiday Customer Experience for more insight.
- Multimedia is really hitting it off to drive conversions tis year. As we head towards another lockdown, video will only further resonate with audiences again. Not using your YouTube analytics effectively to fine-tune your strategy? Check out Hootsuite’s fresh off the press Youtube Analytics guide.
- More channels mean more efficiency in visual cohesiveness. Keep on top of the graphic design trends now for 2021 so you can best prepare. Check out Social Today’s graphic design trends infographic to spark some ideas on how to refine your templates going forward.
- In the midst of the political confusion, emotional zeitgeist and dare I say it…uncertainty…it can be difficult to maintain your creative spark. Your blog is valuable – even more so than before as audiences steer towards for value add content which web ca only provide. To shake things up use this 7 Deadly Sins of Blogging as a checklist your blogging efforts right now and light the fire to keep it going.
- …Whilst we’re on that train of your thought…now you know what you should be doing right now, what do you do when your creativity needs a kickstart? Our friends at Pepper Your Talk have outlined 5 data-backed ways to get you motivated and feeling creative again!
This week 30th October 2020:
- IG has now extended the max IG Live limit to a whopping 4 hours. Furthermore, IG has now allowed for content creators to archive Lives in a similar fashion to IG Stories. Our advice: like with all IG updates, you want to act fast and get on these changes quick. By no means do you have to create a 4 hour video…. but it’s definitely worth using the newly updated platform soon to ensure that you’re maximising the updates to your advantage. Think of this as getting on IG’s good side.
- In case you haven’t realised by now, 2020 isn’t normal. So it begs to question how different Black Friday will be this year? We’re all for hypothesising and preparing in advance (f you haven’t already check out our Black Friday advice) rather than being reactive. Check out Forbes’ ideas on how the most commercial period of the year will work out in 2020 and beyond.
- Google’s next algorithm change will be rolled out sometime next year. Luckily Google gave the digital world advance notice on this particular update called, Page Experience. It’s a wise idea to get ahead now. Follow Neil Patel’s advice and focus on strategies to reduce your Bounce Rate. To get you started, check out our tips from on reducing your bounce rate and increasing clicks. Our consultant team will expand on this later in the week so keep an eye out!
- As PInterest works more with content creators to reach wider audiences, check out their latest Who to Follow list….Congratulations to our CD Babe, Coco Bassey, of millenielle, who made the edit!
- Dior Bediako’s, founder of Pepper Your Talk, has launched their first white paper on Anti Racism in the Fashion Industry. Inspired by recent conversations and discussions about the barriers of Black British fashion professionals face, this white paper is not only timely but a thought-provoking report! Download your copy now.
This week 23rd October 2020:
- We’re waxing lyrical about cdbabe, Iesha Vincent’s first poetry collection – now available to download in an e-book. As a black woman born and raised in the US, Iesha explores the meaning of identity. Her e-book “How do you see me?” documents her own experiences and those of others as they seek out their definition of identity. Check out the anthology.
- cdbabe extraordinaire, Darcy Miller of Darcy Miller Designs, teamed up with Drew Barrymore for the Drew Barrymore Show, to share her expert tips on how to decorate your home for Halloween. No worries if you missed it, you can catch Darcy’s segment here. The Darcy Miller Designs team are also launching daily craft activities leading up to Halloween, to help keep you and your littles entertained. For Darcy’s daily tips check out Darcy’s Instagram Stories each day for your daily dose of celebratory fun.
- The race to expand shopability on socialist well and truly underway. This week, Youtube has opened up the ability to connect Shopify sites within multimedia content. Have something to sell? Creating videos? Check out the updates for yourself.
- FREE WEBINAR ALERT! TO help content creators and brands get ready for the Holidays, Planoly has teamed up with Pinterest to co-host a webinar on the 27th October on how to best prepare for the season on one of the most active channels in 2020.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Demi Bang, of Demi Bang, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE @demibanging first started blogging at TWELVE years old on YouTube! She loved makeup so much that she figured out how to grow a following large enough for beauty brands to reach out to her to try their products – all of this before she even had a license to drive! She then created a blog as a central hub for all photos and to connect with a greater community. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This year she adopted the mantra ‘community over competition’ because “in the world of blogging there is so much to go around that there is really no true competition. We’re all so different and we all offer different things and we all have different journeys.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💄: https://demibang.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 16th October 2020:
- Social communities have seen increased activity and engagement since lockdown. Facebook has since released data on the effectiveness of Groups in their latest data drop. If you’re thinking about taking the step to creating a closed community for increased engagement, it’s worth a read of their latest stats.
- As content creators and brands alike prepare for the most commercial time of year, it’s wise to map out any giveaways you might be considering. Having a solid communication plan and strategic intent before conducting giveaways is vital for their effectiveness, moreover for the retention of the growth you witness. Tune in on October 20th for Social Media Today’s Twitter conversation on how to run a kick-ass giveaway and competition.
- We love a bit of digital innovation. This week take a peek at Fischer Price tapping into this year’s theme of nostalgia and digitalisation of in-person services through the new Instagram Toy Museum.
- Working on your Pinterest CTA’s is a must to drive action at this time of year. Getting the fonts right is key. Tailwind recently released their practical font guides and font psychology guide to aid you in your text overlay graphics.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Samantha Stewart, of Style of Sam, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE @styleofsam started her first blog at the request of her friends to talk about her fertility journey, but instead found inspiration for posting through fashion! She began styling the vintage heirlooms from her mother-in-law that grew into a passion for sustainable fashion – wayyy before it was cool! What she’s learned since starting her blog: “In order to be successful, you have to be true to yourself…that’s what’s going to make you shine.” 💻💚: http://styleofsam.com/ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 9th October 2020:
- It’s nearly Halloween in case you haven’t noticed. Pinners and searchers have been seeking out Halloween based content for the past 3 months. Make sure to get your ducks in a row, including your emails. As readers are looking at ways to make Halloween extra special amidst this strange year, email marketing could very well be a great tactic to provide exclusive insight and guidance. Here are some tips on how to make your Halloween email content stand out.
- Whilst we’re on the topic of Halloween, have you seen Lyst’s recent data drop? Lyst provide a weekly roundup of the most searched for apparel globally. Right now there’s a big focus on Halloween pyjamas and animal print (we’re looking at you Tiger King). In case you want to know, we’re going as Jessica from Love is Blind…pass the red wine please.
- Pinterest searching is on another level right now. It’s essential to have your searchability up to scratch via enhancing your Pinterest SEO. Need some guidance? Check out the new and updated Pinterest SEO webinar from Tailwind – it’s less than 30 minutes and you’ll leave with some good tangibles.
- We love a good innovation story here at CD. This week we wanted to share with you Sprout, a winner of 2020 Innovation by Design Awards. This app reinvents travel as we know it, focussing on allowing the individual to experience every touch point in time rather than speed through it….gotta love technology.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Meagan Brandon, of Meagan’s Moda, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE @meagansmoda was a full time first grade teacher who loved taking pictures of her outfits to share with her husband while he was deployed overseas. He encouraged her to catalog her style for all to see in a blog! Since launch, her mission has been to show her community how to invest in the right pieces and perfect formula for mixing high-low fashion. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This year Meagan committed to changing up her routine and pushing her comfort zone. She’s learned “little changes can actually help encourage you to be more creative and they can really boost your motivation.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💛: https://www.meagansmoda.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 2nd October 2020:
- Facebook has officially responded to the claims made in Netflix’s Social Dilemma 😮 …
- …whilst we’re on the topic of social…Pinterest has launched a feature to explain the historical context of costumes to avoid further cultural appropriation. Throughout searching, you may come across their cultural sensitivity pins that explain how to avoid appropriation and how to be sensitive whilst still enjoy the Halloween period. This is the latest in Pinterest’s recent endeavours to be more inclusive and culturally aware in their content accessibility.
- Google Pixel phones have now removed the automated selfie filter within their cameras in a bid to help unhealthy image comparisons and dysmorphic views.
- Adding some interest to spice up your email design works wonders for engagement. To give you some inspiration we’re sharing this guide on animated gifs in email, why they work, and how to get maximum results
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Sabrina, of The Beauty Look Book, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE Sabrina started her blog @beautylookbook in 2009 as a creative outlet while she studied marketing in finance in school. She found it most exciting to connect with other women around the world on something so universal – beauty! Her mission has been to be the best, trusted resource she can be for her community. She always has insight on those specific recommendations like “longest wear foundation” or “best dry shampoo for brunettes.” Her research in the industry is thorough and flawless! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This year Sabrina’s been reminded that “things can change so quickly in life and it’s really important to prepare yourself mentally and be able to adapt to change.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💄: https://thebeautylookbook.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 25th September 2020:
- Regular SEO analysis is a must for growing your SEO prowess (for more guidance then check out SEO Guide). Ahrefs website master tools are data-rich and provide a great first off analysis reports. For a limited time only they’re offering both their SEO analytics tool and their SEO site audit for free!!! Sign up now.
- Fashion month is nearly over. Let’s just say it was, ummm, a bit of a strange one this year with many trends going under the radar. Take a peek at Mintel’s NYFW trend analysis to be informed of the digital, retail and consumer trends coming out of this season.
- Facebook Inc are making money moves into another very lucrative channel…Email. It was a matter of time before one of the big guys begins to invest here. We can already hear the applications in regards to advertising, e-commerce and retail. Learn more about their testing here to begin strategising on how your digital strategy would account for this.
- CD Babe powerhouse, Lesley Murphy, of The Road Les Traveled, has launched her Yoga Subscription service. Through being forced to stay at home and not travel, Lesley was able to further tap into the needs of her audience post lockdown. Using her expertise as a Yoga instructor, we’re proud to see Lesley share her knowledge and allow her audience to grow (and flow) with her using her digital platform. Congratulations, Lesley!
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Alison Gary, of Wardrobe Oxygen, sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE Alison is an industry OG who started her style blog @wardrobe_oxygen 15 years ago! We love her because she is as REAL as it gets – between her kismet ‘escape from corporate America’ founding story, her passion for making fashion accessible for all, Instagram lessons and real talk, Alison is exactly who you’d want to enlist as a best friend ’til the end. She ultimately wants her community to “use fashion as a way to express who you already are – which is fantastic!” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻👠: https://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 18th September 2020:
- So, Amazon upped its game…not often associated with high-end luxe, Amazon has worked to turn the tabes to begin establishing a presence in the high ticket price market. Will the push to include more exclusive markets work? Check out Vogue’s opinion.
- The streets are looking decidedly less stylish this month, wasn’t it supposed to be Fashion Month? Fashion Month has gone full-blown digital this year with Tik Tok hosting it’s very own fashion month circuit.
- Camilla Coelho, CD Babe extraordinaire is serving CEO realness with her rise from Dior counter to content creator to beauty mogul! We love a good CD Babe fairytale. Forbes agrees!
- Our CD Consultants are constantly shouting the importance of updating and republishing content in regards to establishing a greater Google authority. It appears Google Webmasters agree! In the 6th episode of SEO Myth Busting, Google Webmasters explore the topic of is “NEW content better” for your SEO. A great watch!
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have we have Stephanie of Steph Jolly sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE @stephsterjovski is not only a talented designer and lifestyle blogger, but she is one of the kindest women around! You can’t help but feel the heart she puts in every post as she opens up about faith, fashion, fertility, and creating a life that you love. She encourages her followers to give themselves grace saying something she learned this year was “I feel like I’m pretty good at giving grace to others and not so much at giving that same grace to myself.” The answer she says is to let go of control and trust the timing of your life! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻🕊️: https://stephjolly.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 11th September 2020:
- A sample of Facebook users are able to see connected accounts IG stories without leaving the Facebook app. Through hitting FB stories, users are occasionally able to see the accounts’ corresponding IG stories content at the same time. Moves like this indicate the likelihood of further conversion between both FB Inc platforms suggesting the need for a more fine-tuned content strategy that works across both platforms.
- Often sending a newsletter feels way more daunting compared to publishing a post. We’ve all felt the annoyance of poorly thought out newsletters in our inboxes that it eventually tarnishes all emails. This is often the reason as to why our clients shy away from hitting send. As email is pivotal in 2020, the fear bandaid needs to be ripped off once and for all. Check out this article to give you the boost to send out your emails.
- Driving action with your content is a must to maintain engagement and push for monetisation. As we gear up to the most commercial time of year, brush up your CTA skills and read this article with high converting examples.
- Our consultants stress the importance of curation to our cd babes on the regular. In an age of content overload curation is as valuable as creation when mastered by those with knowledge, credibility and taste. Medium sets out this importance in a 2020 world with their article.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have we have Jenny of Chocolate and Lace sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE @jennymeassick is what we’d call a “SUPERmom” who started her blog ‘Chocolate and Lace’ after having her first daughter. She needed a way to harness all of her creativity during maternity leave so she started by posting baking recipes on Instagram! Jenny is the ultimate example of watching your brand evolve since today ‘Chocolate and Lace’ is a full scale lifestyle brand. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Jenny’s empowering statement to take with you: “a woman can be more than one thing… we really can build a life by design.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻🍫: https://www.chocolateandlace-usa.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 4th September 2020:
- Finding tangible inspiration from design can be a tricky thing to collect. Herein lies the problem when spending hours pouring over IG feeds trying to learn how to take your own IG game to the next level, qualitative analysis can often be indescribable when in regards to design. The Three A Method is a great way to give you structure and tangibles when analysing design collections. The example used to demonstrate the Three A’s in practice focusses on IG Feeds specifically. Take a look at The Three A guide to learn how to structure your design analysis.
- Another week another Feedback Friday chat from the team at Really Good Emails – if you’re looking to up your email design and strategy, these lives are a great way to hear from experts themselves on email marketing best practices along with tips o how to utilise these yourself. Check out the latest episode recap.
- There has been a number of Google updates which have caused Triple in traffic for not only our clients but even established site authorities like Spotify! Keeping abreast of these updates is a wise idea to ensure you’re prepared for any fluctuations in your organic search moreover implement tactic to mitigate as much traffic loss risk as possible. Hubspot’s Ultimate Google Update Timeline and tips is is a go-to for our strategy team to keep up to date.
- Watched the VMAs recently???? The VMAs triggered a number of fashion product searches such as steep rises in “bold”, “colourful”, “unique” face masks – thanks Gaga!!!! Take that as the spark for the face mask becoming a bonafide “fashion accessory” for Q4. The other tangible trend increase were “blazers”, “three-piece suits” and “ties”. “Blazers” have been trending week on week for a while as we gear up to Fall/Autumn but the back to work/geeky take on suits has BTS written all over it. Our tip: Add these types of items into your repertoire of product selections to keep on top of the trends.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have we have Shloka of The Silk Sneaker sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBABE @shloka started a fashion and beauty blog as a way to catalog her style during her first big, solo move to London. She used it to show the little nods to her Indian heritage that mean so much while also marking how her new home influenced her! Her mission is to encourage women to see beauty in the every day and to think outside of the box when it comes to style, gaining confidence through fashion! 💻💜: https://www.thesilksneaker.com/ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 28th August 2020:
- BREAKING: CD Babe Competition ALERT! We’ve teamed up with Honor Creative to give one lucky chloédigital member a FREE branding project worth over $2500!!! Want to enter? Find more info on the giveaway and sign-up to be in with a chance!
- So, Michelle Obama, has a podcast…..you didn’t know?….Where have you been?! Not to worry, catch-up for the little life wisdom nuggets you didn’t know you needed.
- CD Babe Living Lesh has released a video outlining the challenges faced by minorities with fair representation within the Influencer Marketing Industry. As Iesha quite rightly points out, lack of representation is not due to lack of content creators but a much deeper B2B issue. Check out Iesha’s video on solutions to make the industry a fairer place.
- After the success of their first Meal Plan drop in Spring, CD Babe Fraiche Living have just launched their brand new Fall Meal Plans to help you get on top of your food prep, organisation and cooking for yourself and your family! Did we mention there’s a gluten-free and vegan option too??? Check out Fraiche LIving’s meal plan downloads here.
- Given the ongoing (or mis-goings….) of 2020, Q4 e-commerce is beginning to build momentum just that little bit earlier than usual. It’s worth it to plan your monetisable holiday content now, moreover keep on top of the product trends. Data from Lyst has shown in the past week, there have been particular apparel search trends manifesting in purchases. Some to tackle right now: Tie up shirts, knitted polo shirts and patchwork denim. You can keep on top of the trends each week by signing up for Lyst’s weekly product data.
This week 21st August 2020:
- Reels are still new and the jury is still out. One thing our early analysis has pointed out is that although these reels appear to be able to go the distance in reaching new people, the growth in IG profile engagement and following is not happening. Whilst the algorithm is still in its pure reach phase, it’s a wise idea to experiment with different formats and ways to add calls to actions to transfer the engagement over to your profile. Stay tuned for more analysis from our consultant team soon!!!
- The short visual format medium is penetrating the beauty scene more than other industries. As beauty brands begin to innovate in this space its a rallying cry to ensure that as a beauty influencer you have your niche on these platforms. How are you using these channels to deliver value to your audience?
- Youtube has announced that it will no longer send alerts to subscribers about new videos via email. Got strong Youtube game? Make sure you capture your audience by asking them to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Finding good advice on how to best attack outreach is hard as it’s often not translatable nor actionable. Rand Fishkin’s new post tackles this with tips on how to take your outreach to the next level.
This week 14th August 2020:
- As the world pushes for more representation, PInterest has launched its efforts to boost more inclusivity within its product searches. Taking into consideration skin tone and colour, for example, using interest for beauty searches has become a whole lot easier for ethnic minorities.
- CD Babe Julia Dzafic from Lemon and Stripes has launched a back to school initiative to provide support to teachers risking their safety to teach their classes. Check out Julia’s initiative here and learn how you can help.
- Oracle’s Head of Customer Experience Marketing, Chad White joins the Email Talk podcast sharing his research into how Email has indefinitely changed since COVID. Listen to hear some of his gems for your own Email Marketing strategy.
- As new features launch on IG, it can become overwhelming to keep up and understand how all of your content works on the platform. Its important not to forsake the necessary such as IG Stories in times like this. It’s a good idea to refresh your mindset on Stories to maintain relevance. Need some tips? Check out HubSpot’s IG Story post.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Lizbeth of By Taye sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBabe @tayehansberry is a business woman that can do it all because she hasn’t shied away from learning it ALL. From her early days in photography, styling, and acting to starting a blog after a kismet encounter – Taye learned that as long as she followed her bliss and shared the things truly she liked, the followers would find her. As a full scale business woman, Taye negotiates her own contracts and collaborations. She’s learned the best way to relate with others is to simply: “be more present in how you are being at the moment.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💚: https://bytaye.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 7th August 2020:
- It’s great to see the themes of our summit reflected in the viewpoints of brands. This interview with Tula’s CEO references how her brand successfully works with influencers, from value matching to even UGC!
- You’ve probably heard it, you’ve probably seen it. Now you’re able to use it. But how? Check out Later’s IG Reel’s How-to.
- …Whilst we’re on the social train, let’s talk about IG Reel’s original sister – Tik Tok. As content creators weigh up their channel options given the greater diversity of platforms available, take a peek at some of the latest Tik Tok best practice to test out in order to better inform your growth tactics
- Pinterest’s latest review looks at the current trend of back to school and education in the midst of post lockdown. Take a look at the key themes that are trending and review your Pinterest strategy to suit fit. (TIP: It’s also worth pressure testing with the Pinterest Trends tool to find new avenues for content that relate to your own content).
This week 31st July 2020:
- It’s here! 😎 If you missed our CD World From Home Summit download and listen to the presentations now:
- …..And if you tuned in….you will know how much we stress the importance of a popping email marketing plan. Don’t know where to start? No worries, Email Octopus have laid out the must-knows on how to write a killer welcome email…..you’re welcome 😉 .
- Our friends over at studio arva founded by Abi Marvel has just announced packages and subscriptions for influencers, content creators and students to book for shoots, co-working etc. Check out Abi’s gorgeous studio and packages.
- Another friend of ours is doing some amazing things in tech right now. Check out Trailblazer’s Kathryn Lilliana’s account. Kathryn has launched her first-ever e-book to help businesses set up their ecom businesses for success. Are you as excited to get dug in as us?
View this post on Instagram
SURPRISE…My first e-guide is now available via my website! This is a launch within a launch!😅 “LET’S WIN” the Black Pound Day (@bpdofficial) edition is here. An e-guide on things you can implement to set your small e-commerce business up for success. For only £1 (limited time only until today 00:00) you will get 50 pages unpacking: 📈The importance of data analytics and key financial, operational and customer centric metrics every early stage founder should know 📊Snapshot of the Black Pound Day analytics 💡Founder spotlights of participating businesses including advice for general trading and future BPDs 🔌High level strategies mainly focused around digital, marketing and customer facing strategies that can be adopted to drive engagement, satisfaction and traction Thank you to @swissworld_ for encouraging me to share and supporting me and to the Founders who shared their tips on how to prepare for the next Black Pound Days and general trading 🖤 10% of proceeds will be donated to Reset, Black founded mental health platform. RESET provides free mental health support services to an under-funded, under-represented and under-served community. I really had to jump out of comfort zone for this and shut the imposter voice the hell up so thank you in advance for supporting me! Please do repost this and let all your pals know! I’m looking forward to your feedback. 🚀👊🏾✨
- If you haven’t seen cdbabe, Ijeoma Kola’s, 150 black-owned home decor list yet, you should! Check out some of Ijeoma’s top choices…
View this post on Instagram
150+ BLACK OWNED HOME DECOR BRANDS!!! ✊🏾 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This was an INSANE labor of love but my team and I finally finished putting together a massive list of over 150 home decor brands that are Black-owned and it’s now available on IjeomaKola.com! If you have recommendations for other Black owned home decor businesses, or if you’d like to submit your own, details on how to do so are in the list ☺️😬 Now time to resume adding every single thing to cart and making my home as Blackity black as possible!! #IKBuysBlack #buyblack #amplifymelanatedvoices #blackownedbusinesses
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Lizbeth of IMLVH sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBabe @imlvh is a content creating machine with an energy that is magnetic. She’s been blogging since the earliest of days (2008!!) but it wasn’t until her father was diagnosed with cancer that she dove deeper into it for relief and inspiration. Her story is so important because she learned that you don’t need to be traveling the world with an Instagram husband to encourage and create the most meaningful content for your followers. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ She wants you to know: “There is a beautiful space of inspiration when you slow down” and “We’re going to go through things, but you can still achieve a lot with hard work and perseverance!” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💃: http://imlvh.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 24th July 2020:
- At chloédigital we’ve been championing the power of Pinterest for a long while. It’s a wise move to begin, if not doing so already, building your presence within this space. For more some more reasons as to why check out this article on why the influencer industry should be delving into Pinterest to target consumers.
- Need some insight into the beauty industry’s latest trends? Check out WWD’s Beauty Inc’s latest mag with hot takes on the trends to go after.
- Echoing sentiments from our CD World From Home Summit, the influencer marketing industry took a battering during lockdown. However, it also demonstrated influencer power and necessity in retail, brand awareness and community engagement. “Influencer” is far from dead. Read up more here.
- As brand and influencer best practices become more overlapped, taking a peek into relevant brand influencer campaigns is a great tactic to stay ahead of the game and innovate. Check out some recent impactful campaigns.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Elly Brown of Uptown with Elly Brown sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
#CDBabe @uptownwithellybrown is on a mission to empower women at their core. Elly started her blog and business upon becoming a mom (now to four!). She needed a creative outlet, a place to feel like herself and a reason to put on a red lip every now and then! Elly’s energy and smile are infectious. She radiates from the inside out and encourages her followers in a best friend fashion to invest in themselves! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Her mission: “I want women to remember you have to take care of yourself. You have to prioritize yourself. You have to check in with yourself. I want women to feel bold, powerful, and beautiful.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💋: https://www.uptownwithellybrown.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 17th July 2020: CD Content Challenge, UGC on Insta & Consumer Insights
- BREAKING NEWS: Launching the CD Content Challenge! As a parting gift after our CD World From Home summit, we’re launching an email series sent with actionable tips daily to help you reset your content planning. SIGN UP NOW to be the first to take part!
- For all Lifestyle and Motherhood bloggers: As the conversation of BLM becomes the norm in many households, understanding how parents discuss discrimination is important in order to better manage your content communication and community management. When unsure how to best tackle the conversation, steer towards impartial consumer insights such as Mintel. Check out Mintel’s study on how mom’s are addressing race.
- If you checked into the CD World From Home summit, you’ll know how important UGC is to establish. IG is a great way to begin fleshing out community-driven UGC best practices. For inspo check out this article on how to use game and challenges within your social.
- Quick brand case study: take a look at how Gucci is tapping into creating ardent pre-purchase followers with style-conscious Gen Z through Snapchat’s AR try-on technology.
- And last but definitely not least…Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories we have Ceta Walters of Clark and Stone sharing her story!
View this post on Instagram
Ceta of @clarkandstone founded her blog by the mantra “you have to place the oxygen mask on yourself before you can take care of anyone else.” She was looking for a way to find herself again amongst motherhood and turned it into a lifestyle empire. Her story brought swells of inspiration to our hearts because despite hardships that fell in her lap, she found a way to dig deep and be vulnerable with her following. In times where it would be easier to leave the blog behind, Ceta chose to stay and invest in herself and the community she built. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ She wants you to know: “It’s ok to show our imperfections…that’s the thing about social media, the “lives” that we share are never truly the things that are going on behind the picture perfect Instagram photo that we post.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ “the imperfections are the true beauties that lie within us.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻💪: https://www.clarkandstone.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 10th July 2020: CDWorld From Home, Comment Management & Tik Tok Campaigns
- BREAKING NEWS: CD World From Home is officially open for registration! Our long-awaited virtual summit for content creators will be live next Thursday! Learn more and Sign up Now!
- Pinterest’s updates have altered what is considered to be pinning best Practice. Still, an incredibly powerful tool to drive new audiences to a site (arguably the most powerful in 2020), it’s a good idea to spruce up the activity strategy. Check out Tailwind’s Live discussion on these updates:
- In a bid to help content creators manage the conversation, Instagram has now launched a comment pinning feature. With this new tool you’ll be able to select the most thought-provoking comments and pin this to the top of the comments section. As a note, it’s a wise idea to use this to generate positive conversation, and NOT hide/deflect from difficult ones.
- There has been a shift in what the best practice benchmark is for Tik Tok campaigns. Tribe Dynamics has laid out what makes an effective campaign for a brand. A lot of these successful brand tactics brands are worth adopting within organic strategies, and implementing as suggestions into brand partnerships to enhance authority. Download Now!
- Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories, this week we have both Chris C Wise and Dorcas Quarshie sharing their stories and lessons learnt
View this post on Instagram
@thechriscwise has many titles – lifestyle content creator, entrepreneur, mother and wife. She started her blog simply to share her passions with others and later turned it into a full time business when she found jumping back in to the corporate world to be more challenging than she anticipated after having her first baby. Her story and the way she turned ‘rejection’ into taking risks is inspiring! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Her best advice: “Feel the fear and do it anyway and have faith over fear first and foremost. ” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 💻❣️: https://www.thechriscwiseblog.com/ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
View this post on Instagram
The moment that changed it all for Dorcas was when she saw client’s enthusiastic reactions when it came to fashion and style advice at any budget. Growing up, a job in fashion wasn’t to be taken seriously, but she knows that to be successful you need to remain true to who you are and leave everything with that personal touch that only you have! Her best advice: “In this business persistence and determination go a long way. If you truly love something you have to stay at it long enough. You can’t give up. You have to work at it every day and that’s how you succeed.” ✨❣️: https://stylepashion.com/ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
This week 3rd July 2020: Amazon Affiliates, Home Decor & Christmas in July
- BREAKING NEWS: It’s come to our attention that Amazon has updated their affiliate policies which may affect your content, revenue generation and SEO. Check out the policy changes you should be wary of within our recent blog post.
- Continuing on from our CD Babe Stories, this week we have Kaye Bassey sharing her story and lessons learnt
- Is it Christmas yet??? Well accordingly to Pinterest, Holiday searches have begun at ridiculously early point compared to previous years (the estimated time would have been approx August/September). Get planning for the holiday period now with Pinterest Holiday hub
- As lockdown forced content directions to pivot, fashion influencers have steadily been using their influence in other verticals. Tapping into interiors is a natural segway for those stuck with the logistical nightmare of generating visual content. It’s no wonder the home decor boom is upon us. So how have brands responded to these changes?
- Mailchimp got a show about making over your business. Think Dragons Den, meets Project Runway, meets Queer Eye….Watch Werrrk
This week 26th June 2020: Apple fiasco, IG growth & Social Listening
- BREAKING NEWS: Apple will likely begin to block GA tracking via Safari browsing. Yes, this could affect your analytics. Yes…this sucks. It’s also worth noting this privacy update is likely to change. Tune in next week for an update as the story unfolds!
- We said it once (3 months ago) and we’ll say it again….in times of crisis social listening and community connection is KEY. Influencers are recovering with much greater ease than post lockdown due to lessons learnt. Take some further inspiration of how to generate a closer connection between you and your audience with Campaign Live’s hot take on how brands should navigate social to drive closer connection.
- One thing the post pandemic period taught digital marketers is that old school (and often neglected) channels can reap serious rewards in both b2b and b2c. Forbes has you covered with some outside of the box channels to consider…*ahem*…email marketing…*ahem*.
- As IG proves to once again be tumultuous endeavour of late, it’s wise to focus your efforts on actively seeking reach. Hashtags are here to stay…and quite frankly more important than ever. Hootsuite’s recent IG Hashtag guide is a must read.
- The BLM movement has shifted focus for investors to harness their power. More and more VCs are looking into ways to better leverage Black owned businesses to strengthen the economy for all, with some even calling out for black-owned businesses to get in touch. Crunchbase is making the need for diversity easier with their new data collection. Check out how Crunchbase is making diversity transparency possible.
This week 19th June 2020: CD Stories, IG Live & Tik Tok
- CD Babe, Sandra Countly of Pupcake Sugar is the latest to tell her story (and that of her gorgeous pup, Sugar) on our IGTV series CD Babe Stories. Check out our series.
View this post on Instagram
Sandra is the founder and creative officer behind the a media company Pupcake Sugar! Sugar is a toy poodle character that Sandra brought to life through illustration as a way to combine her love for baking, writing and her own dog named Sugar. Sandra’s creative genius is unique, evident and oh-so admirable! Her advice on getting started: “Take that first step! Because once you take that first step, the next steps are much easier to take.” 🐶💻: https://pupcakesugar.com/ CD Babe Stories: A series which highlights incredible women changing the game in digital.
- As audiences become more politically active, it’s even more essential to use your platforms for good. This week Lemon and Stripes are currently offering Marketing Consulting for Black-owned businesses – check out Julia’s post HERE.
- Another CD Babe, Gavyn Tylor has created an online, easy to navigate resource for those wanting to invest in black-owned businesses. Check out the directory here.
- ICYMI IG Live Badges is the new feature everyone is buzzing about in the digital sphere. Inspired by features within Twitch and Yikl Tok, IG Live badges are designed to allow content creators to generate more revenue from their Live content which allows followers to tip content creators. They have yet to be released but the application process is open. Read more on how you can apply for IG Badges HERE.
- One of the main predictions we made at the beginning of the pandemic was that digital content, especially social will become more educational. Given the recent events, Tik Tok has become a strong platform for influencers and content creators to teach to their audience in a digestible and impactful format. Beyond this civil rights movement, the nature of Tik Tok content will likely shift towards more educational content cross vertical. Read up on how you can work this into your strategies going forward.
This week 13th June 2020: BLM, Internal Linking & AR
- In case you missed it, our founder Chloé Watts took the time to reintroduce her journey in tech as a black female CEO:
- As the influencer world is opening up to black voices, acknowledging the often different (and frustrating) experiences they have in the industry, we wanted to take this time to spotlight some of these voices – to share their story and journey first hand. Following on from Chloe’s video, we recently launched our CD Babe Stories on IGTV where black content creators and business owners, share their journey with us. CLICK HERE to see the latest from Awed by Monica and Living Lesh.
- To support diversity in the industry, CD Babe and influencer extraordinaire, Alison of Wardrobe Oxygen, has opened up a competition to gift one year of chloédigital Premium Membership to a black content creator!!! Beyond our services, Alison is also offering the opportunity to take part in the famous Brittany Hennessy 100-day course as well as some quality 1:1 mentorship time with Alison Gary herself! Know anyone who would love to join the competition? Check out Alison’s IG feed for more info.
- As for managing your web content….the recent Google updates have caused a ripple in website traffic of late. It’s a wise idea to get on your SEO management tactics, whether working on skyscraping, pillar modelling or internal linking etc. Link Vector re-released the Ultimate Internal Linking Guide to help you resolve your Internal Linking woes.
- We love to see a bit of innovation here at CD! Even more-so when innovation is being practised by content creators to support timely causes. Take a read of this Insider article on how this influencer used AR trends to drive engagement for fundraising.