Video plays a colossal role in the blogging arena.
Think about it. Over 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube every single day. And over 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook on top of that. According to Cisco report, by 2020 online videos will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
So what do you say to a style publisher who wants to elevate their video content for their readership?
Try either of these great tools.
Most of the tech tutorials you have watched on YouTube (mastering Photoshop, or using LeadPages) were likely created with Camtasia.
The particular appeal of this video editing tool is that it has a simpl-ish learning curve, yet a bunch of advanced features you can use to spice up your videos.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Capture and record all screen-based activity including cursor movements, menu choices, switching between tabs and so on. All the actions are smoothly recorded up till you hit the Stop button.
- Screen capture is optimized for high-definition video and you can record 30 frames per second in the latest product version. Meaning your content will look awesome on large screens or when projected during a live event.
- Supports imported video from other sources in different formats including MP4, MPG, MPEG, MOV, GIF and more. Adding a pre-made intro won’t be a hassle. The tool will neatly convert everything for you.
- Batch editing – zoom/pan and other effects or animations can be applied to the selected group of frames with one click.
- You can display more than one video on a single screen – indispensable for creating and sharing webinar recordings or interviews.
- Works perfectly with Windows and Mac OS.
Are you all into building and managing a YouTube channel? Then you will love TubeBuddy – a YouTube certified productivity tool for vloggers. Here are some of the neatest features:
- Advanced comment filters to avoid spam or hate comments.
- A great collection of bulk processing actions including thumbnail overlays, playlist updates, bulk delete for cards, end screens and more.
- Create a custom quick links menu that will allow you to navigate to most common tabs on YouTube.
- Advanced video embedding toolkit for sharing videos on your blog.
- Create a set of canned and easy-to-personalize replies to address common viewers questions.
- Pre-schedule your videos for publishing at selected time and date (when you are out on vacation!).
- Optimize your videos for more visibility using a great collection of SEO tools.
The tool can be used for free with limited functionality as a Google Chrome extension. Paid plans start at $9/month.
If you don’t feel like recording video and audio simultaneously, Audacity will be of great help. This free sound recording tool is action-packed with the following goodies:
- Time Record – schedule when the audio recording should begin and end.
- Advanced editing with unlimited undo.
- Great noise reduction toolkit and vocal reduction/isolation if needed.
- Heaps of cool audio effects and plug-ins.
- Save your editing presets to apply within a new session in one click.
The tool runs on Mac/Windows/Linux OS and is free to use.
Struggling to glue two videos together? This desktop tool can help. Use it to trim, join, cut and convert all sorts of videos. The program supports the following formats: MPEG, VOB, PS, M2P, MOD, VRO, DAT, MOV, DV, AVI, MP4, TS, M2T, MMV and a bunch of other three letter formats ☺
You can download it for free both for Mac and Windows OS.
Are you still guilty of using monstrous size images? The ones that slow down your website and decrease its rankings in the search result. Rectify this with Image Optim – a great tool that will clean improve your image sizes by:
- Cleaning the invisible junk on your images such as private EXIF metadata from digital cameras, unnecessary color profiles, embedded thumbnails and so on.
- Apply advanced compression that saves the visual quality, yet reduces its size.
Image Optim is available as a desktop app for Mac OS or can be used online.
Are you a CD Babe? Take note and let’s discuss on Slack!